Thursday, 11 October 2012

Films


Let´s work with films. These are the favourite films of 3rd year students of English at the Language School in Gijón.


Pearl Harbor

My favourite film is Pearl Harbor. The stars are Ben Affleck, Josh Harnett and Kate Beckinsale.The director is Michael Bay.The soundtrack is from Hans Zimmer and I like it a lot.
I was set in Pearl Harbor in 1942. It was about The Second War World and the love between three people, two best friends that love the same girl. It is really very good.
Probably I have seen this film hundreds times. Now I know all the script. It is dubbed,but I saw in English too.

Tania Torres

TITANIC

I'm going to talk about my favourite film, it is Titanic. It is a romantic film. It takes place in the Atlantic Ocean in1912. It is directed by James Cameron. The main actor is Leonardo DiCaprio and the main actress is Kate Winslet. The film is about a couple, they have met in the boat. People didn't like them because she was going to get married to another boy and she was richer than him. They were very happy until he died when the boat senk. I think that it is brilliant because they play very well their roles and it is very real. It is very gripping because when it starts you can't stop seeing it. I liked this film from the beginning.

Sara Rubio Vivas

THE BLUE LAKE

I think that it is a wonderful film because it is romantic and the end is fantastic
it takes place on an island.I saw it when I was 9 years old but it was produced in 1982.
I believe it is dubbed in spanish.the plot is very interesting.
The story starts when a ship is sunk.A couple of children arrive to an island whith an adult.A few months latter the man died and the children have to grow alone.
The sound is very good and the images are excelent.
The caracters are very gorgous and it is one of my favourite film

Mystic river

My favourite film is Mystic River. The director is Clint Eastwood. The main characters are Sean Pean, Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon. It's about three young boys: Jimmy Markum, Sean Devine and Dave Boyle. They live in the same village and they are friends. One day, when they are playing baseball in the street two men appear and take Dave into their car. It changes their lives. Twenty-five years later, the three return to find another event: the murder of the 19-year-old daughter of Jimmy. Sean is a policeman and he receives the order of unravelling the case. Jimmy is eager to find the assasin of his daughter. Dave is related to the crime by a series of circumstances. The investigation becomes close between the three friends.
The end is very exciting. It has good special effects and soundtrack. I watched the film dubbed into Spanish. I like the film because I like action films

Ana González de Herrero Otero

Doctor Dolittle 

The plot of the film called Dr. Dolittle,is a man that can speak with animals,as well as with humans.He has a familly with his wife and sons.The familly doesn´t understand tath he can speak with animals, but it is true.Dolittle is a chemists and he helps a lot of animals,for example a monkey,birds,caws,horses and even he helps a tiger,because the tiger is too ill and it can die.Finally everybody understands that Dolittle can speak with animals.I like the film,it is amazing and the film is dubbed into Spanish language.The scene is set in New York and in the house of Dolittle.There aren´t special effects but the audicence is a lot of people.It was set in 2001 in America,I think in Los Angeles.

Alexander

I saw the film last year at the cinema. I chose it because I was fascinated by Alexander the Great. Alexander is a film based on a true story. Directed by Oliver Stone and starring The film is about Alexander´s life, a very important Greek warrior. He was a Greek prince who became king when his father died. After that he started to conquer the world and he created a very important empire. he was an excellent warrior and history remebers him like one the best general of all ages.
I enjoy the film more than I expected.

Carla Rubiera Cancelas


"La Roca"

My favourite film is called 'La Roca'. It´'s an action and thriller film and it was shot in Alcatraz island and San Francisco.
It's directed by Michael Bay and the main actors are Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage. The supporting actors are Ed Harris and Vanessa Marcil.
The plot is a group of renegade marine commandos seizing chemichal weapons and taking over Alcatraz with 81 tourists as hostages. Their leader demands $100 million to be paid as ransom. He is threatening to launch 15 rockets carrying deadly VX gas into San Francisco Bay. An elite team is assembled to penetrate the terrorists' defenses in Alcatraz and neutralize the rockets before time runs out.
I think that it is an exciting film.


David Pozuelo Díaz

Dead Poet's Society

It is a drama film. It is directed by Peter Weir. The main actors are: Robbie Williams as John Keating, Robert Sean Leonard as Neil Perry, Ethan Hawke as Todd Anderson, Gale Hansen as Charlie Dalton, Josh Charles and Dylan Kussman. It takes place in Walton Academy in 1959.

In 1959, it started a new year at Walton Academy. Walton had a victorian style of education. Its students were from powerful families. Todd Anderson has been sent to the school, where his older brother was valedictorian. His roommate was Neil, he was intelligent and popular, but his father was very overbearing and Neil must do the things he wanted. The two, along with their other friends, met Professor Keating, who was their new English literature teacher. He taught his students to find the necessary inspiration to change their lives into something extraordinary, to look for nwe horizons and to carry out their dreams and passions beyond the strict study plans of Walton. For that, they recovered the Dead Poet's Society from the oblivion. It means that a group of students went regularly to a cave near Walton and there, they recited poems, passages of books, and so on. In those sessions they changed their names and, sometimes, their personality. Mr. Keating covered up for them when they went out of the school. Little by little, each, on their own, changed their lives. But in the end, they were discovered and they were obliged to change again. One of the boys, Neil Perry, comitted suicide and another was expelled from the school because he did not sign a paper. John Keating was sacked although some of his students supported him. But I think some of the boys never forgot Mr. Keating and his teachings.

In my opinion this film is brilliant. I think it has lots of riddles and paradoxes. I agree with Mr. Keating's teachings and in my opinion most actors do a very good performance. The most famous sentences which are said by Keating in the film are: Carpe Diem, lads! Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary! I like the sentence "Carpe Diem" very much. In my opinion it is very important in our lives. The plot is very gripping, amazing and innovative. It has a different point of view of people's life. The film has some amusing scenes and I think that the screenplay is good. I rocommend it to everyone.


Belén Abello Álvarez

HARRY POTTER and the chamber of the secrets

It´s a fantastic film,perhaps an action film too.It takes place in britain and a part of it in London.
The main actor is Daniel Radcliffe and his friends Rupert Grint and Emma Watson(Ron and Hermione in the film).
The film is about a magician boy called Harry Potter.He goes to a maic school(Hogwarts).He´s in the second year.They think there is a chamber but they don´t know if this chamber really exists.
I think the special efects in the film are brilliant and I´m fascinatedby some characters.
It´s gripping and when harry was in the chamber of the secrets Ifelt very nervous.It´s sensational I think


Angela Arasa Perez

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

It is a fantastic film . It takes place in new zeland in 2000. It is directed by Peter Jackson.The main actors/actresses and the supporting actors/actresses are Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood, Sean Bean, and Saen Astin. Th film is based on a book by J.R.R. Tolkien . It is about a bad ring which they have to destroy becouse its owner needs it to be powwerfull and then there is a war because Sauron wants to be ever the the men's world .

I think that this film is brilliant. The story is fantastic and very fascinating .In my opinion it is more amusing than the book because the things happen more quickly . It's very well directed by peter jackson and the actors/actresses are brilliant. The most beautiful thing in all the film are its landscapes.They are incredible.I think that new zeland is a very amazing country: It's my favourite film because of its type and its plot. I think that the book is Better than the film and this is why i recomended this book and this film.



Alba


MYSTIC RIVER

It is a thriller directed by Clint Eastwood. The main actor is an incredible Sean Penn but there are also a lot of stars like Kevin Bacon or Tim Robbins, whose performance is excellent (that´s why he won an Oscar).

The film is set in Boston in the seventies and it´s about three kids who are neighbours. One of them has been abducted and sexually abused for several days.

When they get older, they meet again when the oldest daughter of one of them dies.

One of the old friends is now a homicide detective who investigates the murder and the other (the kid who had been abducted some years ago) seems to be the suspect.

I would recommend this film because it´s a very hard story that makes you think about pain and justice.


NOELIA COYA MÉNDEZ

THE OTHERS

It is a thriller film. It takes place in England in 1945. It is directed by Alejandro Amenabar. The main actress is Nicole Kidman and the supporting actor is Christopher Ecclestone and the supporting actress is Fionnula Flanagan.
The film is about a woman, Grace, who lives with her two children in a lonely and big house. She waits for her husband who was fighting in the Second World War. The children suffer an strange ilness and they have to live in a complete darkness. Their lives are based in an strict and orderly way of life but things will change soon in a way which they don't expect. They will see that sometimes the dead's world mixes with the living's world.
I think it is a brilliant film.
I believe that the screenplay is great and the plot is gripping because it takes your attention from the first moment.
It is very exciting because you don't know what would happen at the end and also the end is unexpected.
I think the cast is very appropiate and the main actress, Nicole Kidman is brilliant.
I believe that the soundtrack made by the director is great.

María Suárez Díaz

Amelie

It is a romantic film. I t takes place in Paris in 2001. I t is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. The main caracters are Audrey Taotou who is Amelie and Mathieu Kassouitz Who is Nino. The soundtrack is by Yann Tiensen.
This film is about the life of Amelie Poulain. Her mother died when she was young and after some years, when she is 22 she moves to Montmatre and works in a bar. One day she finds a little box with toys from a child who lived in her flat a lot of years before. In this moment she decides to give back the box and help the people. When she is taking the underground she sees a man called Nino who works in a sexshop and his hobbie is to take the photos that the people don´t want, and with them he makes an album. He loses the albun and Amelie finds it. To return it back to Nino she invents a lot of situations and they finally fall in love.
I like this film becouse it is diferen from all the other, is not the tipical romantic film. I have seen it about 9 times and like it more each time I see it. The plot is very interesting and the soundtrack is incredible. With Amelie you can live in her wonderful world. I would recoment other films from Jean-Pierre Jeunet like "Long Saturday of Love" "largo Domingo de Noviazgo" I like it a lot too.



Vanity Fair

This film was set in London in the first quarter of the 19th century.The director of this flim is Mira Nair and the actors ans actress are Reese Witerspoon;Meg Wynn Owen; Jonh Franklin...The plot:Becky even as a child she yerans for a more glamorous life and she makes her way up into high society.It´s a romantic film.

In my opinion this film is excelent because I like romantic films.The soundtrack is fantastic ans It´s made by Mychael Danna.

Marina Lavín Pérez

HONEY

The film is Honey. It is set in New York´s districts in 2004. The director of this film is Bille Woodruff. The actress is Jessica Alba and teh actor is Mekhi Phifer but I think that he has a supporting role. Jessica has a good actress´ performed. The plot isn´t very difficult to understand. She´s a person with a dream. She loves dancing and she´s looking forward to starting a career like a dancer. She has a lot of problems but she achieves to open an academy for children that are alone and love dancing because dancing is their life. I seems a good film to me. There are a lot of hip-hop dancing and it shows good and bad people. I like it.


NOEMÍ LAMAS MARTÍNEZ

SEVEN

It´s a thiller. It takes place in the USA. It´s directed by David Finche who directed other famous films like Fight Club, 1999 and Panic Room, 2002.
The screenplay is by Andrew Kevin Walker. The main actor and supporting actors and actresses are Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey and Gwyneth Paltrow. The film is about two cops, one of them is Willian (Morgan Freeman) who is a methodical and patient cop. He is in his last week before retirement; the other, a young and prestigious cop, is David ( Brad Pitt). He´s newly-wed. They have to solve the case of serial killer, that has the seven sins in common. Seven kinds of deaths. The murder who called John Doe, murders his victims according to the seven sins.
In my opinion, it´s similar to the Silence of the Lambs but I think it´s way better than that. The atmosphere of Seven is claustrophobic and it has a good special effects. In 1995, the film was nominated for the best montage.

Lucía Orosa

"La caza del Octubre rojo"

The film I've recently seen is "La caza del Octubre rojo". It is directed by John McTiernan. The main actor is Alec Baldwin and the supporting actors are Scott Glenn and Sean Connery. It is an accion film. It takes place in the ocean in a submarine during the cold war. The film is about a commander of a Russian nuclear submarine who wants to give the submarine to the United States.
In my opinion the film is exciting and fascinating and I recommend to see it.

Emilio Cedillo Batalla

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park is an adventure film. It takes in a mysterious island near Costa Rica. This film is directed by Steven Spielberg and the actors are Jeff Goldblum and Julianne Moore.
The story is about two scientist who go to an island where there are diniosaurs. These dinosaurs have been created by a scientist but humans lost their control. In this way, dinosaurs caused a lot of dangerous problems.
the soundtrack was composed by John Williams.
I think that this film is very interesting becouse it talks about dinosaurs that have been wepped out.

Javier Valdés

"A million dollar baby"

My favourite film is "A million dollar baby". I don't know who the director is, but one of the main actors is Clint Eastwood. The plot tells about one girl who wants to become a boxer but she can't because she is old and a girl! Eventually she manages to do boxing. The end is very sad. The film has been dubbed into many languages. There weren't any special effects. The soundtrack is amazing. The film doesn't have a sequel.

Coral García Artime



A WALK TO REMEMBER

This film was set in London an in our time. It starred Shane West and Mandy Moore, and the director is Adam Shankman. It´s about a religious girl that wasn´t very beatiful and popular at highschool and a boy that is the opposite, but when he meat her and they knew more about each other, the fell in love. Finally they got married but Jaime, the girl died because she was sick.
In my this is a excelent romantic film because it shows thst different people fall in love and I like soundtrack very much. It´s sung by the main actrees, Mandy Moore.

TITANIC

Titanic is a dramatic movie released by Paramount Pictures and 20Th Century Fox. The bulk of the plot is set aboard the ill-fated RMS Titanic during her maiden voyage in 1912. The film was directed by James Cameron and starred by Leonardo Di Caprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Frances Fisher and Gloria Stuart. The main actors are Leonardo and Kate Winslet. This film has a good plot. Titanic´s plot:
Rose, just 17 years old in April of 1912, boards the ship with the upper-class passengers with her mother and her fiance. Rose clearly does not feel very much for her fiance, but her mum pushes her into the marriage for financial security. Meanwhile, a drifter and artist named Jack Dawson wins third-class ticket to the ship in a poker game. Jack is clearly falling in love with Rose, but Rose is inclined to ignore their growing affection because of her engagement and their different social standings. But She decides to throw caution to the coind and offer her heart to Jack. In the meantime, the captain and his crew have been seemingly ignoring many warnings about upcoming ice fields in the ship´s path, and the Titanic maintains the high speed suggested by White star Line managing director Bruce even as the ship heads into the night. Finally, Jack dies of hypothermia. She bids him goodbye, then manages to get the lifeboat´s attention to come back and rescue her. Titanic´s soundtrack: Celine Dion sang My heart Will go on, the film´s signature song written by James Horner and Will Jennigs.

SHEYLA TOYOS

No comments:

Post a Comment